HELLO AND WELCOME!
Mental Health Clinician
Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT 119719)
Clinically Supervised by Alyssa Najera, LCSW 86618
Compassion Fatigue Specialist
Prior Yoga Instructor (3+ years)
Past Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Rates: Intake $200 | Individual & Family Session $150
For more information on Rates + Insurance click here
*Services with Kalindi include
- Individual Child (age 5+) and Teen therapy
- Individual therapy for adults in high-stress, helping professions
- Individual and family therapy for children (age 7+) and adults diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) managing co-occurring symptoms/behaviors such anxiety, depression, social barriers, adjustment, trauma
The most intimate statement I often remind myself is ‘You are a person.’ To me this means I am flawed; yet within the imperfections, there are things of beauty, grace, and mystique.
– Kalindi Malcom
Despite our successes, professions, and accomplishments, we are all human. You are a person. You have your own story. You have your own flaws. Yet, within your imperfections, there are, in fact, things of beauty, grace, and mystique. It can be difficult sometimes to see these things through the growing stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, negative thoughts, constant feeling on edge or pressing feeling as though you could have or should have done something different. It can be especially difficult when work, relationships, or your own beliefs or expectations about yourself start to diminish.
My first and foremost intention is to remind you that you, too are human. That it’s commendable you are reaching out for help, because what you’ve been doing just isn’t working. It’s easy to get stuck in patterns that leave you in routine behaviors, in habits that seem to only grow the gap between your values, sense of purpose, and actual behavior. Whether you are ending a toxic relationship, struggling with finding the right work/life boundaries, feeling misunderstood in a blended family, having challenges with relating to others or are ashamed of your lack of motivation or internal thoughts, isolation and poor coping habits can be a product of these circumstances. It can also be the path to anxiousness, depression, regular attempts to detach from reality through excessive amounts of social media, video binging, or substance use, but it can also be the beginning. The beginning of a new path that helps you find peace, purpose, and fulfillment without the old habits.
Remember, you deserve to be happy, present, and feel connected to the world around you.
I have intentionally focused my studies to help people become mindful, re-engaged, and learn to actively participate in life, again. To avoid avoiding and detaching, and to feel connected again. I work daily to be intentional of this practice myself and work with others to re-identify your values and purpose. To work through unresolved or “forgotten” events that seem to flood your mind at the most inconvenient of times. It’s time to rediscover your intentions, your values, and your goals and finally deal with whatever has been keeping you from achieving happiness.
Let’s re-create your stories of struggle with hope, solution, and a centered focus on you.
Counseling for Professionals in High Stress and Helping Professions
Kalindi’s has professional experiences in fast-paced, crisis management work environments and is trained in Compassion Fatigue, Secondary Traumatic Stress, and Burnout. Kalindi is well aware of the potential risks of working in high-stress, trauma exposed work environments and is committed to helping adults better manage stress, improve lifestyle habits, and help professional recover from burnout through a guided, holistic approach. She works with adults to achieve the following:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve grounding, mindfulness, and self-regulation skills through body oriented/breathwork practices
- Identify and improve faulty thought patterns that are impeding motivation, relationships and personal growth
- Learn how to utilize mindfulness skills to improve focus, reduce negative thinking patterns, and improve present awareness
- Improve self-care and sleep patterns
- Identify, set, and maintain healthy boundaries in your personal and professional life
- Improve communication, de-escalation, and assertiveness skills
- Learn how to put yourself first
With her background as a Yoga instructor, education in holistic counseling, and recent training as a Reflective Consultant with Alyssa Najera Training and Consulting, Kalindi not only utilizes traditional psychotherapy interventions, but also explores how to incorporate nutritional health and body oriented/breathwork practices to positively impact your mental health and well-being.
Child and Teen Counseling with Kalindi
Kalindi works with Children and Teens to achieve the following:
- Reduce Anxious Symptoms including excessive worry, avoidance, irritability, difficulty focusing, irrational thinking patterns, sleep disturbance, and irrational fears
- Process and work through Grief and Loss
- Feel heard and understood within a blended family
- Improve feelings of self-worth
- Develop assertiveness and a positive self-image
- Increase the ability to cope with difficult life situations at home, at school, and in social settings in a healthy way
- Reduce Depressive Symptoms
- Improve mindfulness and present awareness
- Decrease fixation on and excessive use of screen time (phone, video games, computer, tablets etc.)
- Eliminate self-harming behaviors and suicidal ideation
- Identify values and a sense of identity
Kalindi is a mental health clinician with Small Town Counseling and Reflective Consultant with Alyssa Najera Training and Consulting.
Kalindi has experience providing therapy to children, teens, and adults in county-based, community counseling. Kalindi also has 5 years experience working within a clinical team as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT), under the supervision of a certified behavior analyst, and as an Applied Behavior Therapist. Kalindi provided families with intensive in-home program implementation for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
She has helped individuals to work through trauma, sexual and emotional trauma, high-risk behaviors, distressing events, and life transitions guiding them toward hope and healing.
Kalindi is an Oakdale native with personal and professional roots in the community. As a graduate of Oakdale High School and now service provider in the community, Kalindi greatly values the humility, culture, and genuine kindness that is evident throughout her hometown. Kalindi has developed incredible relationships in Oakdale and surrounding areas and is committed to meeting the mental health needs of our community.
Types of Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
Certified Seeking Safety Facilitator, evidence-based model for trauma and/or substance abuse
Training and Education
Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist | AFMT119719
Compassion Fatigue Specialist | 2021
Certified Seeking Safety Facilitator
John F. Kennedy University, San Jose
M.A. Counseling Psychology – Holistic | 2020
CA State University, Stanislaus
B.A. Psychology | 2015