HELLO AND WELCOME!
Mental Health Clinician
Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT 119719)
Clinically Supervised by Alyssa Najera, LCSW 86618
Focus on Men’s Mental Health
Trained in Burnout Prevention/Recovery
and Secondary Traumatic Stress (STS)
Compassion Fatigue Specialist
Rates: Intake $200 | Individual & Family Session $150
For more information on rates click here
Kalindi is an Oakdale native with personal and professional roots in the community. As a graduate of Oakdale High School and now service provider in the community, Kalindi greatly values the humility, culture, and genuine kindness that is evident throughout her hometown. Kalindi has developed incredible relationships in Oakdale and surrounding areas and is committed to meeting the mental health needs of our community.
Counseling for Men with Kalindi Malcom
Kalindi is EMDR trained with a focus on Men’s Mental Health. Kalindi supports First Responders, Medical professionals, Law Enforcement and other professionals in crisis management or high-stress work environments work through
- burnout recovery
- blurred work/life boundaries
- ongoing exposure traumatic/distressing events
- relationship distress and
- feelings of irritability, disconnect chronic stress, anxiety, and depression.
Counseling for Professionals in High Stress and Helping Professions
Kalindi has professional experiences in fast-paced, crisis management work environments and is trained in Compassion Fatigue, Secondary Traumatic Stress, and Burnout. She is well aware of the potential risks of working in high-stress, trauma exposed work environments and is committed to helping men better manage stress, improve lifestyle habits, and recover from burnout through a guided, holistic approach.
Kalindi works with men to achieve the following:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve grounding, mindfulness, and self-regulation skills through body oriented/breathwork practices
- Identify and improve faulty thought patterns that are impeding motivation, relationships and personal growth
- Learn how to utilize mindfulness skills to improve focus, reduce negative thinking patterns, and improve present awareness
- Improve self-care and sleep patterns
- Identify, set, and maintain healthy boundaries in your personal and professional life
- Improve communication, de-escalation, and assertiveness skills
- Learn how to put yourself first
With her background as a Yoga instructor, education in holistic counseling, and recent training as a Reflective Consultant with Alyssa Najera Training and Consulting, Kalindi not only utilizes traditional psychotherapy interventions, but also explores how to incorporate nutritional health and body oriented/breathwork practices to positively impact your mental health and well-being.
Child (5+) and Teen Counseling with Kalindi
Kalindi works with Children and Teens to achieve the following:
- Reduce Anxious Symptoms including excessive worry, avoidance, irritability, difficulty focusing, irrational thinking patterns, sleep disturbance, and irrational fears
- Process and work through Grief and Loss
- Feel heard and understood within a blended family
- Improve feelings of self-worth
- Develop assertiveness and a positive self-image
- Increase the ability to cope with difficult life situations at home, at school, and in social settings in a healthy way
- Reduce Depressive Symptoms
- Improve mindfulness and present awareness
- Decrease fixation on and excessive use of screen time (phone, video games, computer, tablets etc.)
- Eliminate self-harming behaviors and suicidal ideation
- Identify values and a sense of identity
A Message from Kalindi
Despite our successes, professions, and accomplishments, we are all human. You are a person. You have your own story. You have your own flaws. Yet, within your imperfections, there is, in fact, room for healing, hope, and acceptance. It can be difficult sometimes to see these things through the growing stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, increased use of substances, constant feeling on edge or pressing feeling as though you should have done something different or need to do more. It can be especially difficult when work, relationships, or your own beliefs or expectations about yourself start to diminish.
My first and foremost intention is to remind you that you, too are human. That it’s commendable you are reaching out for help, because what you’ve been doing just isn’t working. It’s easy to get stuck in patterns that leave you in routine behaviors, in habits that seem to only grow the gap between your values, sense of purpose, and actual behavior. Whether you are struggling with finding the right work/life boundaries, feeling disconnected with your partner or children, having challenges with relating to others or are ashamed of your lack of motivation or internal thoughts, isolation and poor coping habits can be a product of these circumstances. It can also be the path to increased irritability, depression, regular attempts to detach from reality through excessive amounts of social media, video binging, or substance use, but it can also be the beginning. The beginning of a new path that helps you find peace, purpose, and fulfillment without the old habits.
Remember, you deserve to be happy, present, and feel connected to the world around you.
I have intentionally focused my studies to help people become mindful, re-engaged, and learn to actively participate in life, again. To avoid avoiding and detaching, and to feel connected again. I work daily to be intentional of this practice myself and work with others to re-identify your values and purpose. To work through unresolved or “forgotten” events that seem to flood your mind at the most inconvenient of times. It’s time to rediscover your intentions, your values, and your goals and finally deal with whatever has been keeping you from achieving happiness.
Let’s re-create your stories of struggle with hope, solution, and a centered focus on you.
Kalindi is a mental health clinician with Small Town Counseling and Reflective Consultant with Alyssa Najera Training and Consulting where she provides ongoign staff support to professionals working with trauma-exposed populations.
Kalindi has experience providing therapy to children, teens, and adults in community counseling programs and previously provides ABA services as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) and Applied Behavior Therapist, under the supervision of a certified behavior analyst.
Types of Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
Certified Seeking Safety Facilitator, evidence-based model for trauma and/or substance abuse
Training and Education
Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist | AFMT119719
EMDR Trained | 2022
Compassion Fatigue Specialist | 2021
Certified Seeking Safety Facilitator
John F. Kennedy University, San Jose
M.A. Counseling Psychology – Holistic | 2020
CA State University, Stanislaus
B.A. Psychology | 2015