Speaking Engagements and Training on Mental Health topics are available for groups and organizations including, but not limited to:
- Resource Family Approval (RFA) Programs
- Professional Organizations
- Community Organizations
- And Parent Groups
See below for available mental Mental Health Topics or learn more about how to support the mental and emotional well being of your professional or organizational team, by visiting our Mental Wellness at Work:Training and Workshops page. Custom training are also available, please contact us for a free consult.
*Please note we have temporarily moved to 100% remote services. We are happy to provide you these services through an online training, live virtual webinar, or via recorded training modules.
Speaking and Training Events on Mental Health Topics
Trauma Informed Parenting
Learn what defines trauma, how it shows up in our personal lives and those of our kids, and tools to help you recognize and respond to behaviors. Key topics include:
- What is trauma
- How does trauma manifest in children
- What do I look for and how do I respond
- When do I need to seek professional help
How to Find a Therapist
Finally coming to the decision to start therapy is hard. Now you you have to find a therapist. Learn about where to start, what questions to ask and what to expect in the journey of finding a therapist who is the right fit for you. Key topics include:
- Where do I start and what questions do I need to ask
- Mental Health benefits through your insurance provider
- Mental Health benefits through your Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- How to find in-network provider
- What about out-of-network providers? What is a super bill?
- Client – Therapist Confidentiality
- Considerations around confidentiality when using your insurance
Coping with COVID-19: Controlling What you Can When Things Feel Out of Control
Many of us have spent the last several weeks adjusting to changes resulting from the COVID-19 crisis, school closures, working from home, navigating physical distancing and adjusting to being full time parent, employee, spouse, and everything in between. Sometimes adjusting to change and uncertainty can feel overwhelming. Learn practical tools for your group or organizations on how to:
- Manage stress and anxiety
- Incorporate simple evidence-based coping tools into your day
- Navigate conversations with kids on physical distancing and COVID-19
- Cultivate safety for the kids in your home
And find your new norm.
Anxiety: What is it and how do I deal with it?
Anxiety is a broad topic and affects all ages including young children. Topics on anxiety include:
- Anxiety 101: Kids and Anxiety
- “High Functioning Anxiety”: Sometimes as successful and functioning adults, we assume we do not struggle with mental health issues like anxiety or depression simply because we may be productive, identified as high achievers, or not struggling with meeting our basic needs . However, anxiety shows up in very specific ways for The Professional. It can sometimes look like
- Perfectionist tendencies
- Poor work/life boundaries
- 1 drink turns into 3 – often
- Impaired sleep
- Difficulty “doing nothing”, always feeling like you have to be doing something
- Tendency to overthink
Just to names a few. Learn how to recognize anxious behaviors and how to manage them.
Vicarious Trauma Workshop (also known as Secondary Trauma)
Ongoing exposure to traumatic and distressing situations can have a lasting impact on your focus, sleep, work performance, relationships and overall mental health. Learn more about vicarious trauma, how to recognize it, and how to maintain healthy habits while coping with the day to day stress of your work responsibilities.