Welcome! As you get to know our team and services, you may notice this is not your average 9-5 private practice. Our team is made up of dedicated, creative, intelligent humans eager to develop and deliver services that meet the mental health needs of our community. Sometimes, this is in the form of individual or group therapy, training development and delivery, or attendance to community events, and sometimes it involves creating something new entirely. When it comes to prioritizing the mental health of our team and our community, we may not always have the solution, but we are always asking on how we can help.
Whether you are a mental health clinician, support staff, or in a leadership position, each of our positions requires out-of-the-box thinking, flexibility, and autonomy, because we each have an important role on this team. Be ready to engage in reflective practice, work through feelings of self-doubt and discomfort, and grow both personally and professionally with our team, as we do our best to keep meeting the mental health needs of our community.
There are no open positions at this time.
We are not currently hiring, but always open to hearing from exceptional humans! While we do not currently have open positions at this time, we are always accepting resumes. Please submit the below items to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Resume Enclosed.
- 3-5 minute interest video explaining who you are and why you are interested in joining the team
*We often receive interest messages that are missing the requested 3-5 minutes video. Please know that all of the above, including your interest video, must be received in order to be considered for any future openings. If any of the above items are missing, your interest message will be disregarded.
Small Town Counseling promotes leadership, autonomy, and wellness and embraces the following values.
- Inclusivity: We each share in the responsibility of creating a positive, inclusive culture that safeguards equity, inclusion, dignity, and respect for all.
- Relationships: Crushing mental health stigma takes takes a village. We value the relationships with our community and agency partners.
- Hospitality: We believe hospitality is not only essential to delivering excellent customer service, but to building trust, safety, belonging, and community.
- Integrity: We are not only bound to ethics by our professions, bur by choice. Doing that right thing as our utmost priority as a service provider and part of this community.
- Reflection: We believe growth lies in a combination of experience and reflection. We engage in ongoing reflection to ensure we are always progressing and making active efforts to ensure you are receiving the best service.
- Quality: We strive for the highest quality of mental health services, training, and products and believe in value we provide.
Our values are deeply rooted within our organizational culture and communicated through services to clients and our community. We provide an environment that values initiative and fosters independence, creative development, critical reflection and ongoing learning.