HELLO AND WELCOME!
Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW 68557)
Clinically Supervised by Alyssa Najera, LCSW 86618
Rates: Intake $200 | Individual & Family Session $150
For more information on Rates + Insurance click here
Types of Treatment
Emily provides individual and family counseling services for Children, Teens, and Adults. She incorporates a combination of modalities and interventions into her treatment including, but not limited to the following:
Emily is both Director and Mental Health Professional with Small Town Counseling, as well as Senior Trainer with Alyssa Najera Training and Consulting. Emily has spent several years working in high-stress work environments providing case management services to youth and families in residential treatment facilities, serving as both Social Worker, Supervisor, and Sexual Abuse Forensic Interviewer in Child Welfare Services, and providing mental health and counseling services in the Private Practice and County settings. She has helped individuals to work through complex trauma, sexual and emotional trauma, high-risk behaviors, distressing events, life transitions and low self-image, guiding them toward hope and healing.
Emily also has experience as a Wellness Coach providing education on healthy eating, sleep hygiene, nutrition, physical activity, and creating and maintaining a well-balanced lifestyle.
Emily’s experiences have led her to a deep appreciation and passion for increasing awareness around mental health and wellness and working with others to set and achieve their personal goals.
Counseling for Professionals in High Stress and Helping Professions
Through her professional experiences in fast-paced, crisis management work environments, Emily is all too familiar with the increased risk of burnout, blurred boundaries, and sedentary and stagnant habits that can come with working in high-stress work environments.
Emily is passionate about helping adults better manage stress, increase fatigue management increase motivation, and improve lifestyle habits. She works with adults to achieve the following:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Identify and improve faulty thought patterns that are impeding motivation, relationships and personal growth
- Learn how to utilize mindfulness skills to improve focus, reduce negative thinking patterns, and improve present awareness
- Improve self-care and sleep patterns
- Identify, set, and maintain healthy boundaries in your personal and professional life
- Improve communication, de-escalation, and assertiveness skills
- Identify and establish health habits and decision making
- Learn how to put yourself first
With her knowledge as a Wellness Coach, Emily not only utilizes traditional psychotherapy interventions such CBT, DBT, and Motivational Interviewing, but also explores how to allow Nutritional Health, sleep hygiene, and physical activity to positively impact your mental health and well-being.
Child and Teen Counseling with Emily
Emily works with Children and Teens to achieve the following:
- Reduce Anxious Symptoms including excessive worry, avoidance, irritability, difficulty focusing, irrational thinking patterns, sleep disturbance, and irrational fears
- Process and work through Grief and Loss
- Improve motivation, identify goals, and work towards personal growth
- Identify and re-frame Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANT) and negative core beliefs to improve feelings of self-worth
- Develop a positive self-image
- Increase the ability to cope with difficult life situations at home, at school, and in social setting in a healthy way
- Educate Children, Teens, and their caregivers on the relationship between nutrition, the brain and mental health
- Reduce Depressive Symptoms
- Improve mindfulness and present awareness
- Decrease fixation on and excessive use of screen time (phone, video games, computer, tablets etc.)
- Eliminate self-harming behaviors and suicidal ideation
“Adolescence is a very impressionable stage in a youth’s life and between phones, social media, status, friendships, and relationships, it’s hard being a kid or teenager these days. You’re exposed to situations and decisions that will shape your own self-image and can impact the rest of your life."
-Emily Flosi, ASW
Emily is always finding new ways to increase her knowledge and understanding in the areas of human and organizational behavior, nutrition, and mental health in an effort to better serve the clients she works with. She values nutrition, wellness, fitness and a balanced healthy lifestyle, and believes in the importance of building healthy habits to improve lifestyle, living, and well-being.
Raised in a small town with a population of 9,000 people, Emily admires the support, familiarity, resilience and culture that small towns offer. “It’s slower paced, more personable, more approachable, and down to earth. The community and relationships are humbling and welcoming.”
Training and Education
Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker | ASW #68557
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Trained since 2017
ASIST – Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Certified Child Forensic Interviewer | 2011 – 2017
National Association of Social Workers (NASW) | 2015
Oregon State University
B.S. Psychology | 2008
CA State University, Stanislaus
Master of Social Worker (MSW) | 2015